Educ. & Inter.
EDUCATION AND INTERPRETATION
Mission Coordinator for Education & Interpretation
MISSION TODAY FORM
Congregation & Town:
Phone / EMAIL Contact:
Write “yes” or “no” beside each Mission Action that UMW is sharing in your congregation, community, country or world.
1. *Use the Prayer Calendar regularly at Circle, Unit, Executive, or Church Council meetings to learn about and pray for persons in mission and their ministries.
2. *Incorporate at least 2 programs from the Program Book into Circle, Unit, or Congregational meetings or programs during the year.
3. *Incorporate at least one of the Mission Studies from School of Christian Mission into programs for your Circle, Unit, or Congregation during the year.
4. *Make a Pledge to Mission and reach that goal for Mission Giving.
5. *Have at least 2 Members who subscribe to Response Magazine.
6. *Add at least 2 new members to UMW.
7. *Implement the Charter for Racial Justice through at least 1 of the actions described below:
Sponsor or participate in event that welcomes groups from
2 or more ethnic or cultural backgrounds
Recruit women of diversity to be Members and Officers
Read books that provide insight into a variety of cultural,
racial, and socio-economic experiences. Create an event or
opportunity to share new understandings or ideas, etc.
Write to elected officials in support of issues such as
immigration/civil rights, solutions to poverty, health care,
Have at least 1 Member (not a District or Conference
Officer) participate in the UMW Online Community for the
Charter on Racial Justice Policies.
8. *At least 1 Member (not a District or Conference Officer) attends the weekday or weekend event of Conference School of Christian Mission.
9. *At least one Woman from your Congregation participates in the United Methodist Women Action Network
10. *Write to five or more persons in Mission listed in the Prayer Calendar at least once in the year.
11. *Plan and offer an informational and invitational UMW Event for all the Women in your congregation.
12. At least 1 woman from your Congregation serves as a District or Conference Officer.
13. Bring your Pastor to the Conference School of Christian Mission.
14. At least 2 Members (not District or Conference Officers) attend/participate in one or more of the following events:
Minnesota Conference Annual Meeting
District Annual Meeting
District Intro to SCM Studies
Drive In Day at the Conference School of Christian Mission
15. Plan and Offer a Children’s’ Sabbath at your Church or in a Community Setting. Use materials from the Children’s Defense Fund.
16. Celebrate UMW Sunday using materials provided by the MNO Team and distributed on the Conference UMW Website.
17. At least 1 Member completes one of the Reading Program plans and reports on at least one of the books read.
18. Have a Book Review Event or Book Club that shares 2 or more books from the Reading Program in the year.
19. Contribute to ALL 5 channels of Mission Giving to become a 5-STAR UNIT.
20. A District or Conference Officer (not a Member of your Congregation) attends at least one meeting or presents a program at your Church.
21. Share information from Response Magazine at each meeting.
22. Learn about National Mission Institutions (like Emma Norton Services) and involve your Congregation in providing support through material donations.
23. Plan an UBUNTU Mission Opportunity for Members of your Congregation to learn about a Ministry and provide service at a soup kitchen, food shelf, children’s program or create/implement your own Ministry WITH neighbors In need.
24. Publish the website information for UMW Online (www.umwonline.net) regularly in your Church Newsletter or Bulletin.
25. 1 or more Women from your Congregation becomes a participant in an online community at the UMW Website.
26. Exceed your UMW Pledge for Mission Giving
United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God; to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the Global Ministries of the Church.
Mail the Completed Report to YOUR DISTRICT Coordinator for Education and Interpretation by December 15th!